rMBP for Video Editing - Opinions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by foxkoneko, Oct 22, 2013.

1. foxkoneko, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013

foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Alright so was pretty excited when seeing the new base price dropearlier today :D
    but after going to the apple store & adding stuff like +8gb of ram, & + .3 better process, the difference between all that compared to the higher end model comes out to like $230.

That's 230 for an upgrade to the discrete graphics + doubling the storage, which I think is worth it :)

Any opinions? What to heard other's thoughts :eek:
    Im going to be using it for programing, running VM(s), & video editing (pretty much daily)

Also is the +$180 to bump it up to 2.6 worth it? At least for video editing
    (Im coming from early 2011 MBP :D )

Thanks!

2. VinoGrande macrumors member

You can edit video on an 11" MacBook Air, dayum, you can edit video on iPads these days. Anything you buy will be able to do what you want. The speed is negligible, the RAM, sure what the hell, upgrade it, storage is the same speed at 256, 512, or 1TB. It's all about what you need. Are you editing a feature? Go with top of the line. Are you doing casual stuff? Base model is more than capable.

3. foxkoneko thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah right now im just looking for something significantly faster for video editing with FinalCut Pro. I find most of my "video editing" time is just waiting for the actual video render & I expect this to carry me through at least 2 more years.

Is the bump from 2.3 to 2.6 really that insignificant for video editing?

4. iancflam macrumors member