rMBP graphical glitch/distortion after installing bettertouchtools

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appletwig, Aug 10, 2012.

1. appletwig macrumors newbie

After i installed bettertouchtools, i encountered a graphical problem, screen tearing with graphical blocks. Has anyone encountered this problem on their retina MBP? After rebooting, it went back to normal again. It has been a day since this screen tearing appeared, so im wondering if that was a software glitch rather than a hardware malfunction. Any help or input would be appreciated, thanks!

2. appletwig thread starter macrumors newbie

Anybody has any experience with such a problem?

3. freeskier989 macrumors member

Funny, when i opened my rMBP today it had all kinds of weird graphic gliching/tearing going on....flickering as well. A reboot solved everything. Last night was watching videos through the latest stable Chrome, so don't know if that has something to do with it...

4. appletwig thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you happen to have any of these apps installed - VLC, gfxcardstatus, bettertouchtools?

VLC seems kinda buggy and would sometimes not respond, requiring a reboot, force quitting VLC and reopening wont get it to work. Im thinking one or more of these apps are causing the weird anomalies.

I also do not have chrome installed, if that helps in pinpointing the cause.

5. nontroppo macrumors 6502

nontroppo

No problems here, alwayas have bettertouchtool running, sometimes gfxcardstatus and vlc is my main media player.