EDIT: After taking the MacBook in to the local Apple repair specialists, they eventually found that there is an issue with the logic board, with low voltage in a certain area. They've ordered a replacement logic board, and the MacBook should be back to me within the next week. Hi all, I've had my Retina MacBook Pro (stock high-end model, 512GB SSD and 8GB RAM) for over a week now, and have noticed some strange performance issues with the dedicated GPU it is performing, in both Mac OS X and Windows under BootCamp, much worse than I think it should be reasonably performing. I am therefore wondering whether there might be an issue with the 650m GPU, and if so, what I am to do about it. My first example is CineBench on OS X, although Windows is one FPS off. I've read scores of around 40fps from others for the 650m in my computer, but when I run CineBench's OpenGL test, I score 14fps consistently. I know this isn't a CPU issue, as the benchmark for that is in line with what others have reported. What really set alarm bells ringing is that when I tried to re-run the benchmark with the integrated GPU forced through gfxCardStatus I got a score of 22fps in other words, my integrated GPU is registering as more powerful than my dedicated GPU. For comparison, my iMac (Late '07, C2D 2.4GHz, Radeon HD 2600M Pro) scores 13fps. I've tried Cinebench on Windows with the same result 14fps. I've also run some gaming tests. With both my iMac and rMBP running the beginning of Half-Life 2: Episode 1 on identical settings (1680x1050, medium-high, vsync and AA off), the rMBP consistently gets one or two FPS higher, ranging between 20 to 40fps hardly what you'd expect from a computer four years newer. Other, more demanding games on Windows have also shown performance under what I'd expect although Crysis 1 defaults to High settings on my machine, I need to turn it down to 800x600 to get 30fps consistently. Mass Effect 1 also works similarly with all settings on medium-low at 1280x800, it never reaches 60fps consistently. Strangely, performance is consistent in games regardless of settings (excluding resolution); in Episode 1, on both OS X and Windows, I can switch between lowest and highest settings (including 8xMSAA) and get a delta in framerate of usually no more than around 8fps. I'm not quite sure what to try next, apart from more comparisons. If I take it in to the local Apple maintenance store (Yoobee, as there are no Apple Stores in New Zealand) it would be difficult to prove anything is amiss, as the computer functions without artifacting on both cards. I'd obviously rather not lose the computer for a few weeks if this is something I could fix myself. If anyone has experienced similar numbers or could run a comparison then please let me know.