rMBP graphics issues. Common or no? (video)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uiop., Mar 6, 2013.

1. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Hello all. I've had a rMBP since October and I absolutely love it! I've had a few issues lately that I'm not sure are common or not. I've searched and really can't seem to find much on the topic, but I do apologize if these are issues that have been addressed previously.

Mostly, images (scrolling) tend to flicker and text (scrolling) also does the same. It drives me crazy! Irritating to say the least. But also, often times when I open the notebook, the screen goes black and then flickers. And lastly, my wallpaper resets when I reboot the computer. All these issues are more clear in the video I compiled today.

My point is, are these "normal" issues? Or would Apple be able to service my computer to remedy the problems? Thanks in advance guys!

2. broad macrumors member

You googled "retina MacBook scrolling" and didn't find anythng?

3. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

I would not call those issues normal. I have not had any of the image flickering problems happen to me. I originally was going to ask if you could reproduce this problem using a different web browser but the fact that its happening from waking up from sleep makes me think it's an issue.

In terms of the wallpaper resetting I've had that issue and I searched google for a way to fix it.

Either way I would give Apple a call and tell them your problem and show them the video.

4. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Try SMC and PRAM resets first. If they don't resolve it you can bring it back to the Apple Store/call Apple but I have a feeling they will ask you to do a clean install of OS X first, so get your backup ready.

If after SMC/PRAM resets and OS X reinstall if you're still having issues it is likely a hardware problem.

To fix the wallpaper resetting you have to wipe out the plists that control the wallpaper and restart your machine. It's a known bug.

5. leman macrumors 604

The current Safari is buggy but I have never seen anything like this before.

6. Serban Suspended

Please reinstall your OS and come back here to tell us the verdict

7. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I might just end up taking it to the Apple store and letting them figure it out as my computer also has the notorious squeaking noise when the keyboard is pressed on. Seems like a common problem with these computers.

8. uiop. thread starter macrumors 68020

uiop.

Just got my rMBP back from repair. They ended up replacing the logic board. :eek:

9. MacKid macrumors 6502

That's unfortunate. The latest OS X update completely resolved the screen flickering issue.

10. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Safari glitches for me. Maybe I should take mine is to get the logic board replaced. I always thought it was just a browser issue.

11. MrManwelo macrumors member

Did it fix your problem? They replaced my logic board twice and screen once. The same problems you're having (and more, much more!) still persist. They're sending me a new machine now.

See here