rmbp GUI speed-it was the dock

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flipnap, Aug 1, 2012.

1. flipnap macrumors 6502

sorry if this has been covered. I hit "automatically hide and show the dock" and GUI performance got much better ,especially when swiping between desktops. Such a simple fix, im sure somebody already posted this, just couldn't find it.

just sharing

2. Panini macrumors regular

Not just the entire dock. One thing, specifically.

Read this

3. flipnap thread starter macrumors 6502

man, how do you do this with stacks? i cant find it anywhere? thanks so much! i was seriously getting frustrated and the dock thing is already a MAJOR help. after reading your stacks posts it looks like thatll help even more.. just cant find where to disable it and make folders instead

4. Rajpdx macrumors regular

Right-click on the stack - you'll see a menu, change from stack to folder

5. flipnap thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm either doing something wrong, or a stack isn't what I think it is. if a stack is the fan of folders on the right side in the dock, then when I right-click on one it simply opens the file. and by right-click do you mean the right side of the touchpad? I'm not using a mouse on my MacBook Pro so I'm assuming by right-click you mean the right side of the touchpad. I have tried right clicking on every spot on the stack and I simply do not get an option, or a menu. please forgive me if I am not understanding you correctly, I just do not see the option anywhere.

6. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

click with 2 fingers or press ctrl (or cmd, its muscle memory and Im on win 8 most of the time now[developping]) and click, thats the right click with macs

7. Rajpdx macrumors regular

To activate right-click
    system preferences/trackpad/secondary click (set it to whatever you prefer)
    (I'm also fond of tap to click).

Then do whatever you set it to on the stack.

8. flipnap thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, thanks guys. got the right click working, killed stacks. amazing. thanks so much. still relatively new to this so i appreciate the help! :)