rMBP has stuck pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrisfromalbany, Aug 2, 2012.

1. chrisfromalbany, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012

chrisfromalbany macrumors 6502

Got the rMBP about two weeks to the day. I noticed a bright white spot when playing D3 almost in center of the screen. What are the chances of getting in replaced. Or is there any open source software I can try to unstuck the pixel.

Thanks,

Chris

2. daleski75 macrumors 65816

daleski75

Make sure you have flash installed go to this website below make it fullscreen, turn off screen savers/power management etc and let it run for a good 20 mins.

http://www.flexcode.org/lcd2.html

3. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

saw something that maybe 80 percent of stuck pixels can be resolve with this type application.. I give it a try and see what happens.. Wont know until I get home tonight to see if it works..

thanks,

Does Apple have a no questions asked return policy for first two weeks of ownership?

4. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

5. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

I not too much of a complainer but when get retina display and one best part is the display and any dark setting game/picture this is a stuck pixel which is bright white.. you see it all the time.. And just off center and in middle of the display you see it all the time notice you know it is there.

I prefer if had choice, just to have a die pixel.. I don't think I even notice that..

6. chrisfromalbany thread starter macrumors 6502

now if a pixel is (white) when it is black on the screen or black when white on the screen is that a stuck or dead pixel?

7. mac3609 macrumors member

White is not dead but black is.