rMBP - help w bootcamp gaming issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mfrenkie, Oct 20, 2012.

1. mfrenkie macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I've been playing Borderlands 2 a ton on Windows 7 (using Boot Camp) on my retina MBP lately. The graphics were excellent playing at 2880x1800 and I played several hours with no trouble. I didn't play for about three days (was booting into OS X the whole time), and when I restarted into Windows 7 yesterday and tried to play again, graphics performance was terrible. The frame rate was down to like 5fps and I had to drop the resolution to like 1280x800 to make it playable.

I re-ran that Windows system performance assessment tool and I still got the same score (5.5). I also looked at the device manager and it shows the GeForce GT650M as my graphics card, so I know it's not an issue with using the integrated card, but I can't figure out what it is. I restarted several times and even ran MalwareBytes and Windows Defender with no luck.

tldr; all of a sudden gaming performance dropped significantly in bootcamp and I can't figure out why.

Any thoughts?

2. bill-p macrumors 65816

Reset SMC.

Shut down your rMBP, connect the MagSafe 2 adapter, and do the following:

1) Simultaneously hold down Control + Option + Shift on the left side of the keyboard and the Power button on the top right for a few seconds.

2) Release all of those buttons at once.

3) Turn on your rMBP.

It should be peppy again.