RMBP high temps

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gigapocket1, Jun 28, 2012.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Last night, I went to sleep with my RMBP hooked up to my 27inch cinema display in clamshell mode. When i got into bed, i noticed that iTunes Visualizer was on. I was to lazy to get up and turn it off. When i woke up, I noticed that iTunes visualizer was moving slowly. No biggie. Just close iTunes.. Turns out, my entire system was moving rather slow. I restarted the computer (first time ever). It booted up slowly as well. I went to check the ram etc. Ram available was good. I then saw the temperature of the computer. I immediately turned it off. Every temperature istat gave me, was in the high 130s. After letting it sit for a couple of minutes in front of the air conditioner vent. I turned it on. These are the temperatures that it is STILL reading...

Attached Files:

2. imMango macrumors member

I'd say that's Fahrenheit, and thus, perfectly fine.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

That's fine, the max temp for the CPU is 221 F / 105°C

4. SuperMini macrumors member

This. If it was degrees it would have turned itself off. I think the TJ max is 105 degrees. < nvm got beat to it

5. gigapocket1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm, y'all are right.. it was Fahrenheit.... Since when does istat come default as Fahrenheit instead of celsius?

6. ryane67 macrumors member

This begs a question then.... why did your system slow down so badly? :confused:

7. JoJo Zzang macrumors member

macs have always pretty much run "high temps"... nothing new. lol. :rolleyes: