rMBP Image retention fix experience

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gametime10, Aug 26, 2013.

1. gametime10 macrumors regular

For those of you who have taken in your 15" rMBP's to get image retention issues fixed, how many have had your machines replaced with a brand new one, and how many have had it shipped away to be fixed? I'm wondering what my chances are for a brand new replacement. I have a 2012 15" rMBP with 16gb upgrade with an LG panel that needs to be fixed.

2. xxcysxx macrumors 6502

if your machine is working fine without any problem other than the screen, then i would just replace the screen. a brand new machine would have its own sets of problems and would likely set you back to square one.

although, the image retention issue is slowly and surely diminishing, nevertheless, getting any new macs or electronic devices is like rolling dices.

3. ajanini macrumors member

ajanini

I had mine repaired at an authorized shop (no Apple Stores in Brazil, yet). The screen was replaced. Took about one week to get the service done. I'm quite happy with the result.

4. sumva macrumors newbie

Got my display replaced at the Apple Store. Went to the Genius Bar in the evening, explained the issue, they did the image retention test which it failed. They had stock of replacement displays in the store. Since it was pretty late in the evening i had to leave it with them overnight but it was ready in the morning. I was told it would have taken ~2hrs and could have had the display replaced the same day if I had brought it in earlier.

The replacement was a Samsung LCD.

5. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

I brought in my 10 months old laptop to the Genius Bar, Coven Garden London Apple Shop.
    They didn't run any tests, just took my word for it.
    Left if over night, ready for pickup on the next morning.
    All fixed, Samsung screen, no charges.
    Very happy indeed - couldn't praise Apple's customer service more!

6. gametime10 thread starter macrumors regular

I ended up bringing my laptop in. Dropped it off at 10:30AM, they had the parts available, and I was able to pick it up by 4PM the same day. Got a Samsung screen and everything looks great!

7. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

took my laptop to the AASP last week i had a white patch on my samsung display, the part was ordered and arrived in 2 days. Took the laptop back when he called was ready in around 90 minutes, enjoyed a nice cup of coffee while they were at it.