rMBP in store pickup question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troop231, Nov 5, 2013.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Got a text message saying my rMBP is ready for pickup, but I won't be able to get it until Nov. 11th. However, logging into the Apple website greets me with this bad sign of news: Will they still have it for me on the 11th do you think?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks :)

Pic:

[​IMG]

2. channelinspire macrumors member

channelinspire

I can't say for sure but I can tell you that I tried calling my local store when I had a pickup and they couldn't tell me anything. I just wanted an ETA because I had a small window for pickup and the online store said "usually within an hour". I called to get the ETA and he couldn't tell me anything at all. Just that it had to go through the system. Based on that, i would expect that they will take yours off the shelf.

I might cancel the order and reorder in a few days after they refund your money if I were you.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

But I already paid for it, so they have no right to take it off the shelf so to say.

4. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Don't you think it would be better to just call the store and ask them directly?

5. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

The above poster said that was basically worthless.

6. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

He was asking for an ETA for when it would be ready. They would have no idea about that. I thought you were asking if you could pick it up a day later. Different scenario.

7. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Gotcha, I'll call in the morning. I was trying to see if other people went through my situation. I'm sure it's pretty common.

8. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

Haven't been through that myself, but I would guess they would have to keep it for a while. Its already paid for. Best bet is to call and ask.

I pulled this off apple website:

That, to me, would indicate they will keep it there at least a few days.

9. Pikkuroope macrumors member

If the product arrives Mon or Tue, they will hold until the same Sun.

If the product arrives Wed to Sun, they will hold until the next Sun.

By calling the customer service (1-800-676-2775) you can extend the hold up to 60 days.

Just chatted with Apple about the same topic.

10. channelinspire macrumors member

channelinspire

Definitely call and check. I just don't have high expectations based on my experience. I would have expected a person in the store to be able to tell me when I can come to that store and get my laptop that is just sitting in the back of the store.

I meant they would pull it as not available and then just ask you to come get one when it is available. If they have plenty this wouldn't be an issue. It's all speculation though so I really should shut up.

Good luck getting it.