rMBP is taking forever to come!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickPhamUK, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Ppl waiting for rMBP Haswell, if Apple doesn't release it this month/year then:

  1. Buy an MBA

    9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  2. Buy an rMBP/cMBP 2012

    9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Buy a Windows laptop

    10 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Wait

    22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

    NickPhamUK

    Joined:
    May 6, 2013
    #1
    I want to replace my MBA 13" 2011 with rMBP 13", mostly because my MBA has 4GB RAM and the ULV CPU throttles a lot, so I can't do some demanding tasks. 15" is a little pricey and I prefer the screen & size of 13". However, there isn't a lot of improvement from HD 3000 to HD 4000 so I'll need the Iris.

    I was expecting 15 Oct to be the release date; but today is already 9 Oct and we haven't heard any words from Apple.

    So I read some news on the front page and the rumour says an iPad-centric keynote will take place on 22 Oct, which is fine, since I'll buy an iPad 5 too. But where is the god damn rMBP Haswell line?

    I sincerely hope they are going to release rMBP along with Mavericks, and Mavericks is in GM state now. But I have no proof to back my claim up.

    Seriously, if Apple wants to piss us Mac users then I'll just grab a maxed out Macbook Air 13". No deal. And be happy until Apple include IGZO, Quad-core option and dGPU for rMBP 13". Or jump back to Windows since there are lots of good Haswell laptops out there, such as Dell XPS 15, Razer Blade, HP Envy 15t etc.
     
  2. rabidz7 macrumors 65816

    rabidz7

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2012
    Location:
    Ohio
    #2
    I'll get a 15" PBG4 and overclock the crap out of it...
     
  3. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2013
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    I'll wait. I've waited for 4 months now so I'm not going to settle. Hoping I'll be able to find a 5S tomorrow so it will take my mind off of the waiting a little.
     
  4. Sarmiento macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    #4
    May sound crazy but the longer we wait the better the possibilities this is not just a spec bump. With CPU's out then they must be waiting on something and I don't think it's just Mavericks OS or they would have released just like the iMacs.

    I just hope it's in the next few days/weeks vs. months.
     
  5. NickPhamUK thread starter macrumors 6502

    NickPhamUK

    Joined:
    May 6, 2013
    #5
    Yep. If Apple includes IGZO + a decent dGPU like GT 750M with an option to configure up to GT 765M, I think many Mac enthusiasts will buy straight away.
     
  6. GSPice macrumors 68000

    GSPice

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    #6
    This has been discussed ad nauseam. Prepare to be disappointed. I'll be happy with a 750M though.
     
  7. Leudast macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2011
    #7
    I'd love a dGPU in the rMBP 13". Immediate buy for me.

    Doubtful it'll happen though, especially if they incorporate iris integrated graphics with haswell (like current MBA). That's a significant step up from the HD4000, and a dGPU will produce more heat, something the MBP are not spectacular at dissipating.
     
  8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
  9. GSPice macrumors 68000

    GSPice

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    #9
    plus one thousand
     
  10. sarakn macrumors 6502a

    sarakn

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2013
    #10
    I just have to be patient. I've waited 8 months and will only purchase a new system if my Dell XPS completely fails.
     
  11. tivoboy macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 15, 2005
    #11
    why no rumor

    I find it odd that we've seen no rumors about when it is coming, and the launch timing. There was to be an event NEXT Week 10/15, now that is reportedly the following week, 10/22/13, and most likely an ipad event, nothing more. we'll see, but this is really one of the longest delays i've seen for the portables.
     
  12. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

    Sandman1969

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2007
    #12
    Didn't the MBA show up with Haswell without much fanfare?
     
  13. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

    laurihoefs

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2013
    #13
    Yeas it did, and so did the iMacs.
     
  14. Rick-ITA macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2013
    #14
    MBA 13" with i7, 8gb, 128gb and an external monitor instead of the 13" retina.

    Well even if the retina comes out I'm debated between the two options (it depends how's the upgrade).
     
  15. alphaod macrumors Core

    alphaod

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2008
    Location:
    NYC
    #15
    Obviously if there is no update this year, Apple is going to fail, so buy a Windows laptop. :p
     

Share This Page