rMBP issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UBS28, Feb 13, 2013.

1. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

So the rMBP is still not running flawless yet? Was thinking about dropping $2900 on the 2.7 ghz / 16 gb / 512 gb SSD version, but probably with the flaws I might wait for Haswell and hope it is fixed.

2. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I guess you only read negative posts--my rMBP has been flawless since day 1. :D

3. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No I don't. I just read the thread about the newly updated rMBP and there is a discussion going on about lag.

That is not flawless machine to me and I don't like to be a beta tester waiting for software (or hardware) to catch up.

4. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

My base 15" retina runs perfectly. Install WebKit on it and it will fix all the Safari occasional lag.

5. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

"Flawless" is such a subjective word -- so fair enough. However I would suggest that you at least try and experience the machine firsthand before you trust the ruminations of random Internet denizens to guide your decision making.

The rMBP is pretty close to flawless in my opinion, though :)

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

It would have been helpful for you to specifically describe the symptoms you are experiencing & under what conditions. You may or may not have a problem. If their is a problem in fairness to you, get Apple involved. I personally have had nothing but excellent support of over two decades as an Apple computer user.
    One flawless Mac is meaningless. Yes there's lots that perform without problems. But I remind you they are mass produced and not all perfect. That's why there's a warranty.

You've assumed & failed to contribute anything positive. Your post is obviously a cheap shot. It's all about you.

7. UBS28 thread starter macrumors 6502a

A software company has pointed out issues with the Retina macbook pro that requires resetting PRAM due to slow performance as a result of an EFI update (which doesn't happen on the other Macbook Pro models).

And I just read that the retina macbook pro image retention is still not fixed yet also, which is an other flaw.

There are probably more if I keep searching on some boards. Guess I'll just stay away and wait for Haswell now for sure.

8. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Good plan. No-one will whinge at all about anything in the Halswell machines...