(rMBP) Keyboard and Trackpad freezes on USB Connection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by StuMcBill, Feb 26, 2013.

1. StuMcBill macrumors 6502

Hi

I have had my Base Model 15" Retina MacBook Pro for a good 6 months now, and I have noticed that 90% of the time I connect a USB device the Keyboard and Trackpad freezes for about 10 seconds, and sometimes (less than about 1% of the time) doesn't actually come back to life?

I am not sure if this is a Retina MacBook Pro problem, or a Mountain Lion problem?

I have tried an SMC Reset but it didn't seem to make any difference?

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to try and troubleshoot the problem?

Cheers

Stewart

2. Guids macrumors newbie

Hi Stewart,

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find a solution yet?

3. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

You should specify what USB device you are connecting. I have a USB Razer mouse and have connected several different makes of USB external drives with no issues.

4. ncrypt macrumors regular

I think other people have reported that having the Android File Transfer app installed may be a cause to the problem.

If you do have it, you could try removing it just to see if that is the issue?

5. Miek macrumors newbie

Miek

I can confirm that Android File Transfer does cause the freeze. I removed it on two of my computers (MacBook Pro 17" and MacBook Air 13") and since then no more freezing when a USB-device is plugged in.