RMBP Keyboard and Trackpad protecter.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ThisIsMe, Jun 20, 2012.

1. ThisIsMe macrumors regular

This is my first laptop and I wanted to know if a keyboard protecter and trackpad protecter are necessary to keep them a great condition for resale value. Are there any other accessories that you guys recommend? Thanks in advanced.

2. albert1028 macrumors 6502

These are my common laptop supplies I get:

1. Keyboard protector. Shaggymac screen protector and also is a screen wipe.

2. Sfbags.com sleeve. They make a few different kinds.

3. Wrapsol or bestskinsever protector for the bottom since it tends to get scratched up much more often. And just bottom because it is not usually seen by others. The orange peel of these are ugly and serve a more functional purpose rather than ascetic.

3. satchow macrumors 6502

I don't use a palm guard or a trackpad protector and both look brand new after about 2 years of use. I do go on EBay and buy a 99 cent silicon keyboard protector though. I just buy a new one every few months and it keeps the keyboard looking good and not worn out.

4. Mac-Tech, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012

Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

I would go with Moshi ClearGuard MB this is the BEST silicone clear keyboard cover you can go with. It fits exactly to the mac book pro laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Moshi-ClearGu...ds=silicone+keyboard+protector+macbook+pro+15

5. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the help. Do you know if it leave any marks on the screen.

6. albert1028 macrumors 6502

Shaggy mac will not, but remember, if you forget to use it, it may scratch if you put enough pressure between the body and the screen. But I've used this on over 4 different laptops and it has helped. I like that it doubles as a screen cleaner, have a look at their site. www.shaggymac.com.

7. ThisIsMe thread starter macrumors regular

Do you think if I use a regular silicone protecter it might leave a mark on the screen?