RMBP - Keyboard key clip?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by minimyran, Jul 3, 2012.

1. minimyran macrumors newbie

Hello!
    My RMBP is on the way to me right now, but since a friend bought it for me in the States and I live in Sweden - I went for the Spanish keyboard which has the same physical layout as the Swedish. Im planning to buy a sparepart keyboard from Ebay and replace the faulty keys, but I need to know what kind of key clip the RMBP uses. I've found some links that show the different cliptypes.

Link 1
    Link 2

Is it any of these or is it using a new cliptype? If anyone could confirm or even snap a picture of it it would be great! I assume the actual key cap's differ from the different models? Do I need to change the whole assembly or can I put any key cap on any clip?

Thank you very much in advance!

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Replace what faulty keys? Are you just making the assumption you will break them at some point?

3. minimyran, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

minimyran thread starter macrumors newbie

Faulty as in Spannish and not Swedish. The keys differ, and I want to replace those keys with the correct ones. The RMBP costs about $3200 in Sweden, so the ~$1000 I "saved" on buying it from the states I want to invest in getting the right keys..

4. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

The first site you linked to does the retina keys, however it looks like they only do US keys.

Regular MBP keys wouldn't work on a retina I'd have thought, the retina keys have less travel when pressed so must be slimmer than regular MBP keys.

5. minimyran thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply! How long do you guys think it'll take before replacement keyboards show up on eBay and stuff?

6. RVspidey macrumors member

Dude, wake up

7. bigcat macrumors 6502

The "H" key on my new RMBP is already broken, though I haven't used it that much. I use an external keyboard when on my desk. Thanks for posting that link, doesn't $15 for just one key sound like too much?:eek:

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you have a new RMBP with a broken key, why not have Apple replace it? It can't be more than a year old.

9. bigcat macrumors 6502

Will try that, I wasn't sure apple care was needed for that, which I didn't get.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Your computer has a 1 year warranty.

11. melfio macrumors newbie

Hejsan! Var bestallde du ifran? Hur gick det? Sitter i samma situation.. :)