rMBP Late 2013 battery draining insanely

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jarruemota, Apr 6, 2014.

1. jarruemota macrumors member

Hi,

I've been having concerns about my battery life for a couple of days now. On a rMBP that's supposed to handle 9 hours of battery life, I was only getting about 3 or 4 hours. I had to charge my macbook as if it was my iphone (you can imagine)... Today I open up my macbook (left it at 96% the last time I used it) and it had 75% left of battery. I do some web browsing and leave it open for like 10 minutes. When I come back and wake it up from sleep, I only have 12% of battery left! THAT IS CRAZY!

Now I'm really skeptical about what's going on. Please if someone has encountered the same problem give me a solution! Is it Mavericks or what?

2. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I have a MacBook Pro and Mavericks actually improved battery drain slightly, so maybe you have an electrical problem. It's under warranty, so make an appointment with the Genius bar and get it fixed.

3. amycishere macrumors 6502

I have a brand new battery installed after a repair and during my first battery cycle, I am losing battery power at an alarming rate. Wondering if I am the only one. TweetDeck is the only app I am using. I have a 2011 Feb MBP.

4. SquirrelGirl macrumors member

SquirrelGirl

What is the battery's health?

What brightness is your screen at? Your keyboard?

Is your Bluetooth on but unused?

Is your Time Machine on?

Which browser are you using?

Are you using Airplay?

-

That is not normal with simple browsing in safari. But there is probably a logical answer, not a repair needed but a change to your settings hopefully.

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Are you using Chrome? Chrome is an awful resource hog on OS X and catsup lots of power. Try using Safari, it's so much smoother and more efficient.