rMBP Late 2013 v Mid 2014

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Orton99, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Orton99 macrumors newbie

Just wondering, the only sifference between these models, in terms of specs is a slight 0.2 ghz in processing speed? I've just bought a late 2013 model with 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD at John Lewis for £1079. The mid 2014 with the same specs (ignoring processor) is £1199. I'm sure I've made the right decision saving £120 at the expense of 0.2 ghz speed. But it's annoying know its late 2013, and its nearly late 2014..

Pleas help get rid of any buyers remorse, I made the right decision, right?

P.S. Sorry if this is a silly thread!

2. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

All the refresh was was a minor processor speed bump. Not worth a £120. Enjoy it. You've got a great machine for a great price.

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Who cares what it says? They are the same hardware generation. If you don't like that it says late 2013, wait for a real refresh. Otherwise you're just paying for the idea of an updated design. Real world performance will be identical. If anyone claims to feel a difference or require more performance due to being a power user, they're completely clueless. A step up in performance under maximum load requires going from a 13" to 15" for the quad core cpu.