rMBP Late 2013 Wi-Fi and Safari Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyborg21, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Hi, I got a rMBP 13'' a couple weeks ago and I noticed a problem, I don't know if it's rMBP or Wi-Fi router. Sometimes web pages simply stop loading and stuck in something like 10% (like in the picture) and internet stops working. Wi-Fi appears completely working on my Mac but it really doesn't. Turning of Wi-Fi and waiting a couple seconds and turning on Wi-Fi or sometimes just waiting solves the problem (not always). When this happens, Safari, App Store, iTunes Store etc. won't work. How can I fix it? Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Attached Files:

2. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Sounds like your internet isn't working right. I'd try it on other devices, restart your computer, restart your router, restart your modem and go from there.

3. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

4. caribiner23 macrumors regular

caribiner23

I had this problem a few times, and I traced it to my iPhone 4.

If I have my phone near my rMBP it (the Macbook) will lose internet connectivity. Turning off Wifi on the phone makes the problem go away.

It's strange because it's only my rMBP that does this: my wife's MBA does not have this issue.

5. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Also think Bluetooth : it does interfere with Wi-Fi.

6. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

I've got this exact same problem from time to time. Happened on my 2010 MBA, and now happens on my 2013 MBP. If I turn WiFi off then back on, suddenly everything works fine. I have a relatively new AT&T Uverse router (just got it 6 months ago), and the same thing happened with my old router. It's so infrequent that it's hard to get upset over, but still.

7. Trek2100 macrumors 6502a

Trek2100

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have zero WiFi problems with my new 13" rMBP with my iPhone 5 next to it (10 - 12 hours per day) and Bluetooth on (mouse). Also in the vicinity are 1 iPhone 4, 2 - 27" iMac's and a G4 PowerMac. I am using an Airport Extreme router hardwired to a Verizon router. Additionally, I have 2 WiFi radios on (Airport Extreme and Fios for the G4). If you have tried the above mentioned possible solutions from Simon48 with no affect you might try AppleCare since your machine is new.

8. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Safari got an update today, maybe it will fix this issue. I will write what happened later.

9. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I have the same problem with mine, I have a Genius Bar appointment on Friday.
    Switching from 5 to 2.4GHz and vice versa solves it.

Barney

10. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

It may be weird but, Safari got an update from Apple, since that update safari does not cause any problems :D

11. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

They are replacing the logic board on mine.

Barney

12. Cyborg21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

Ohi I am sorry to hear your problem, and wow they are replacing logic board, it must be a huge problem :eek:

13. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

The MagSafe was intermittent and the left hand usb was occasionally disconnecting too.

Barney

14. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

With my MacBook Pro (Mid-2012 Classic), it would randomly drop and not show as connected on some roaming networks. It worked fine before Mavericks so I am thinking these new software drivers aren't great at all.

15. phaselocked macrumors newbie

Hey man,

I also have a late 2013 rMBP (high end 15") and I'm experiencing the same problem!!! I thought it was my internet, but it doesn't seem to happen on my dad's laptop.

I'm curious to know if this can be solved, and that it is actually a software/hardware problem instead of my internet.