rMBP LG Screen Owners... IR?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Squilly, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

For those of you that have a rMBP 13" or 15" with an LG screen, are you facing image retention problems, of even the slightest? Not for new owners, more specifically for owners of 3 months or more. I'm tempted to buy but I want a flawless machine. Without having to go through the dreaded warranty process...

2. kallyq macrumors regular

I bought mine around October I think and I did not have IR at first but I have it now. It is just slight at this point and shows on the grey background. It does not affect anything I am doing.

3. DOUGHNUT macrumors regular

15" rMBP, purchased in July. came with LG display which didn't have any issues at first. started noticing mild IR in December, and it progressively got worse until it got so bad that on dark background websites, sometimes i can see shadow of text from website i was on before.

sent it in to Apple for display replacement, which they did overnight. got a Samsung display, couldn't be any happier with the service.

4. tillsbury macrumors 65816

5. sensorian macrumors member

Same for me, Bought in August and it got progressively worse. Over Christmas it also developed dead pixels. Had it replaced last week with a Samsung screen (pot luck I think) and it is perfect again.