rMBP lid closed, screen on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pagga, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Pagga macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I have had a couple of incidents with this. I close the lid and the apple still glows ... Both times Safari was running. Any ideas?

2. Hrim macrumors member

I also have this issue, among many others:

-Apple logo still glows but the screen is off, or sometimes I only have the mouse active on a black screen. The only way around that is to press the on/off button until it restarts.

-Takes more than 30 seconds to exit sleep mode, and some times simply bugs and stays loading for much more time (until I ultimately get annoyed and force restart it).

-Won't turn on after sleep mode. i close the lid, re-open it and it's like the laptop is dead. I have to force restart again.

All these issues (plus that damn scratch I got on arrival) makes me wonder if I should go to the Apple store and buy a new one. I don't want a refurbished, what do you guys think I should do? Can Apple provide a new rBMP 2.3/256/8 ?

3. RMSko macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure if you get an exchange via Genius Bar, it will not be a refurbished model. My understanding is that Apple never uses refurbished machines to swap things out at the Genius Bar. It may be in a "brown box", but that doesn't mean it's a refurbished machine.

4. Pagga thread starter macrumors 6502

Pagga

Closer to the Artic circle than I like to be
    I think (hope) most software issues like this will be solved with mountain lion :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I haven't noticed this [yet]. I have closed the lid to put the machine to sleep and it does just that. I do miss the glowing sleep indicator light. that helps confirms whether the machine is asleep.

For what its worth, my older 2010 13" MBP does this on a rare occasion. I think it may be a process stuck, like safari that prevents it from sleeping.

6. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Small items like iPods, iPhones and iPads are replaced with refurbished units when replaced under warranty.

MacBooks and iMacs are not, they go through the Full warranty system and are replaced with new units.

7. TickleMeElmo macrumors regular

I found this problem when running Transmissions, I think it has to do with how the RAM is written to the disk.

8. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

that only happens when the computer's left asleep for an hour, whereupon it enters deep sleep and writes the RAM to the drive.