rMBP life after ML Gold Master

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xfs, Jul 10, 2012.

1. xfs macrumors member

So how's everyone who's upgraded to ML Gold Master feeling about the rMBP? I am having a way better experience compared to Lion.

2. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

It's me or you are not supposed to talk about it on public sites such as forum. I'm pretty sure it is in your Apple Developper agreement... just sayin' :rolleyes:

3. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

I don't have a rMBP (I wish I did!) but I from what I've heard there a few core improvements to the OS that make it a much nicer experience.

4. leman macrumors 604

I am sure he didn't sign any ;)

5. Inopia-Vi, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012

Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Probably not, but If I recall corectly, the terms and uses that you must agree while instaling it cover it as well. Someting close to

"If you are not a licensed apple developper, you can't install that software"

6. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Because you have never in your life downloaded illegally any music, movie, tv show or software :) And it's GM now so it's hardly even considered a beta any way :)

7. midtownhd macrumors member

This thread went downhill in seconds. I feel sorry for its creator.

8. katmeef macrumors 6502

Safari is quicker although that didn't bother me before, still see intermittent judder and screen tearing when swiping between full screen apps or between the desktop and dashboard.

oh and I didn't sign the NDA and didn't read the agreement before installing... So sue me!

9. stevelam macrumors 65816

from all the feedback i've read, it seems safari scrolls better (but who cares, no one really uses safari) but everything else is still laggy. pretty lame and i'm this close to cancelling my order.

10. mdapple macrumors regular

which rmbp did you get?

11. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Amazing experience :)

The most important thing is that the scrolling problem is almost fixed and I'm very happy with it! It is a joy to use :D:apple:

12. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Not to mention he had positive things to say. On a public Mac-centric forum with people debating between the retina and non-retina, it is tantamount to free advertising to the more expensive of the two. Take the below quote as an example:

That scrolling issue has been a popular complaint. This is tremendous news for anyone on the fence and may sway some people to get one or keep the one they got, rather than exchange it for a cMBP.

13. katmeef macrumors 6502

I have the 2.6/8/512 currently and a 2.6/16/512 on order.

14. Inopia-Vi macrumors regular

Sorry. I think I have been misunderstood. I was only pointing it out, not tring to bash the OP or anything like that.

I did try the GM....:rolleyes: and I went past the terms as well. However, you raised a very valid point and I belive the scrolling was improve in the new itteration of safari. Even on a early 2011, I saw a great amelioration.

Have anyone seen an amelioration on non-retina MBP?

15. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Welcome to the party :) lol