RMBP Low FPS on games?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alyshehata, Sep 21, 2012.

1. alyshehata macrumors member

I think there is some sort of cap on the fps because no matter what I do on BF3, I always get 31 fps. Anyone have any ideas about this? I heard it has to do with VSync, but I'm pretty sure I have set to off..

2. Cassadian, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

Cassadian macrumors regular

This stupid stuff has happened to me too. It doesn't get above 30 but it will go well below on high action sequences with SC2 and similar games.

It's ridiculous. It's obviously software based (although it could be our hardware, which can be tested through a hardware test or common sense) and quite annoying that Apple can't fix it. They are worth so much and have the inflluence and man power to constantly update and create compatibility between drivers.

I haven't found now fix for Mac based games and now I solely play on Bootcamp, although I can't now because Bootcamp screwed me over! :D And my wi-fi won't work.

3. alyshehata thread starter macrumors member

actually. I am using bootcamp. Mac games work with 70+ fps (CS:Go) but bf3 is windows only... so I use bootcamp and i still have problems :/

4. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Is your power profile set to High Performance? Ive had this issue crop up before in bootcamp and it was because i was set on power saver.