rMBP + Mavericks DP5 - Boot Camp Issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sammy2066, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

As the title suggests, I've had this issue on my base config rMBP since DP1. The boot camp assistant is unable to partition my drive (256 GB SSD); it always gives me an error. Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a fix?

Cheers and thanks in advance for the help!

S

2. cbs20 macrumors member

Have you booted to recovery and repaired the drive and permissions? What does the error state?

3. thomaskc macrumors 6502

can you do that without deleting the drive on the OSX side of things?

4. cbs20 macrumors member

Just hold cmd+r when booting the comp then access Disk Utility. Repairing the drive and permissions doesn't delete anything.

5. thomaskc macrumors 6502

cool thanks!

I have a slightly different problem, but im hoping this might fix it.

I can partition my drive fine and start the windows installation, but once it gets to the near end I get an error that it couldn't copy files from somewhere and just crashes / reverts.. so basically I can't install windows 7 in bootcamp at all, even if I partition manually etc, which makes me think its not a partition issue at all, but it could be a strange permission issue maybe...

6. cbs20 macrumors member

Error when moving files sounds like a Windows installation error. Do you get this error after teh computer reboots and attempts to install Windows or is this during the Bootcamp Utility steps?

7. thomaskc macrumors 6502

It's when the windows installation itself is about 95% done, it copies some files from the temp recovery drive it sets up pre-installation, which for the last 30 years of PCs and last two years of MACs has never been a problem. But I fear it might be a bug that has happened after a few OSX 10.8.5 updates...