RMBP Mid '15 Bootcamp Drivers Not Working?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sentential, May 28, 2015.

1. sentential macrumors regular

Anyone got any tips on finding a working driver package for bootcamp? Apple is pretty useless and they want me to call Microsoft for help lol?

I see a couple guys in the forum who've been able to get theirs up and working so I figured I'd ask. Specifically I need chipset and GPU drivers. Thanks in advance!

2. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

Ok drivers appear only to work under Windows 8.1 but graphics required manual install using the AMD sub folder in the bootcamp USB drive

However CCC doesn't appear to function, not sure if everyone else is having this issue or not

3. leman macrumors 604

Everything installed for me without any hiccups, on its own.

4. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

I tried it Wednesday and downloaded them again today via the Bootcamp Assistant.

No luck - Still the old Bootcamp driver package that was released for the 13 inch models...

Hard to believe it installed for you on its own - or did you mean installing Windows itself? That is not what we are talking about here.

5. leman macrumors 604

I do mean everything: Windows + Bootcamp. I simply used the Bootcamp Assistant to create an USB stick, and it put the appropriate Bootcamp package on it. After Windows installation has finished, the Bootcamp installer started automatically and installed everything. There was no issue whatsoever.

I also tried to mod the INF of the latest AMD beta drivers to install it, but I wasn't successful. Maybe I am missing something obvious...

6. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

Nah I think it'll just take time to get the right package, did you get Catalyst Control Center working in 8.1? Mine isn't but at least device manager is showing the GFX card this time

7. leman macrumors 604

Yep, Catalyst Control Center was already installed when I started Windows up the first time. I guess Bootcamp assistant did that as well.

I am using 8.1 x64 BTW. Of course, official, licensed and everything.

8. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up, if I can't get it working by removing and re-installing I might try doing the 8.1 ISO to USB like you suggested

9. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

Ok for anyone interested, I uninstalled the Catalyst install manager from my previous attempts to get working drivers from the add/remove section of windows 8.1. Upon restart bootcamp auto installed the correct drivers via a .bat file on launch.

Keyword is that the Bootcamp drivers in BCA are for Windows 8.1 ONLY and do not work for 8

Thanks leman

10. Zakzilla macrumors member

Zakzilla

Ahh interesting, that is good to know

11. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

Yeah, I installed Windows 8.1 64x. But the Bootcamp Driver Installer still does not work. Aborts with an error...
    I checked the drivers in the directories which are dated April or older so there is no way these are updated for the new Macbook.

So please tell me which ones you use!! Or is something fishy going on here?

12. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

I had the same issue too and I don't know what exactly did it but I'll tell you in a round about way how I did it.

Step one, run Bootcamp EXE from the actual USB drive itself (mine errored out too) and repair

Step two, go into the driver folder in the same USB stick, go to AMD and you'll see an installer for Catalyst. Do that.

Step three after it installs and restarts, go into control panel add/remove and remove the installer. It'll ask you to restart and do it. When I booted back up again a .BAT file appeared in the DOS prompt after login, couple screen flashes and boom everything worked.

13. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

14. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

Let me know if that works, I'd like to figure out what I did just in case something happens

15. HumpYourWayUp, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015

HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

Tried it. As before the AMD drivers installed - in my case this was the only thing Bootcamp installed and then the bootcamp setup aborted.
    So the rest of the drivers (WLAN, etc) and Bootcamp (control panel) did not install.
    Also I can not repair Bootcamp as it does not show up in the programs and features panel.
    So the volume keys do not work and I can't activate right click on the trackpad via bootcamp panel.

I also went as far as to create a win8.1 install stick with the bootcamp drivers on it. And installed it all over again :-(

16. sentential thread starter macrumors regular

I had that problem too and I got it working by doing the same thing with and driver. Go into that windows driver folder on the Usb stick And you'll see the driver for the trsckpad and orhers

I'm sorry for not being clearer, I was half asleep, furious and bout ready to drink the pain away lol toward the end I clicked on every EXE I could find on the bootcamp drive trying to make it work.

After I got it to recognize the video card I removed all of the unecccessary stuff from the control panel the following morning after windows 8.1 downloaded

17. HumpYourWayUp macrumors regular

HumpYourWayUp

No Problem :)

I guess we just have to hold out till :apple: releases an updated Bootcamp.

18. Saudumm macrumors newbie

Saudumm

The new drivers are out. I downloaded them yesterday via Boot Camp Assistant and installed them without any problems. I can finally right-click in Windows :D