rMBP Mid 2012 Logic Board Replacement (What is soldered?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kuray, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Kuray macrumors regular

Hi,
    My rMBP's Logic Board and Display is replaced. I would like to know what other parts didn't replaced.
    Genius didn't said battery is replaced but when I check from coconut Battery, the battery was replaced too.

Processor, RAM and Graphics Card is soldered to Logic Board so that they are replaced.
    Logic Board and Battery replaced so top case is replaced. (The aluminium part with keyboard)
    Display is replaced so aluminium part of display is replaced.
    They replaced keyboard to Turkish keyboard. (My original was English, I told them I request English and they will replace it again)

I had problems with Fan but they said that part is not replaced but will test it and understand. (When fan is at 6000 rpm, when you move computer the sound comes from fan just like fan hits something)

I guess those parts did not replaced:
    SSD (I just checked, SSD is not soldered to Logic Board)
    Fans (Since they are not soldered to Logic Board)
    Trackpad (Not sure, if trackpad is soldered to top case it might be replaced too)
    Bottom Case (Sure they didn't replaced it)

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They pretty much would have taken your bottom plate and your ssd and slapped it on a new machine. They then would have changed the serial number on the logic board to match your bottom plate. Simple

3. Kuray thread starter macrumors regular

The display was not replaced at first. After I went to pick up, there was something with black plastic around screen. Then they told me that they will replace it.

That's why I don't think it is new machine.

The genius said only logic board is replaced at first.
    I asked about fans, she said no.
    I asked about battery, she said no. I checked from coconut Battery, the battery was new. I asked her about it and she said it might be replaced due to replacing of bottom case.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

The bottom case and battery with touchpad and keyboard is a complete unit. Mate.

What I'm basically saying is after the screen was replaced. You've pretty much got a new machine

5. Kuray thread starter macrumors regular

So bottom plate, SDD and Fans are the main parts they didn't replaced.

I request full replacement but they said things work different in Turkey and they need comfirmation from Apple HQ.

They are replacing my display because of Customer Satisfaction.
    The plastic part around display is torn down at some point. And that thing happened after previous Apple Genius Repair.

When I request full replacement,
    Genius said be replacement requirements are strict, for example o part is required to be replaced for three times.

Then she offered me display replacement too after saying this three replacement rule.

Now my warranty is over, I took my rMBP to Genius Bar when only 2 days remaining to my AppleCare's end