rMBP Mid-2015 good SSD speed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by f0ku5, Jul 23, 2015.

1. f0ku5 macrumors member

Hey guys, sorry for creating topic with question that probably has been asked like thousand times but I couldn't find anything via the search panel.

My first MacBook is rMBP Mid-2015 15" with 256GB SSD. Below is my SSD benchmark.
    Are these speed good and everything is okay?

[​IMG]

2. bobbytomorow macrumors 6502

bobbytomorow

Looks normal to me man, just google "2015 macbook ssd benchmarks" and you'll see yours are in line. Those are blazing fast speeds by the way.

3. f0ku5 thread starter macrumors member

It's hard for me to compare results I've found on internet to my benchmark since they all use different programs, and different methods of benchmarking (different file size samples, etc.)
    I'm not that IT-friendly to know everything about this stuff so I've wanted to ask here on forums specifically about my rMBP that is Mid-2015 model, 15-inches and 256GB of SSD storage.

Also I heard that the bigger SSD is = the faster it is. So I wanted to check how my speeds compares to another SAME MacBooks :)

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

They are as expected, they are far faster than anything connected by sata (most PC's), to be honest though you won't notice them much in most day to day stuff.