rMBP Minor Backlight Bleeding (Noticed after 14 days)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dixie8123, Feb 3, 2014.

1. dixie8123 macrumors member

Hello

I purchased a Retina MBP, 512GB SSD, 16GBs RAM brand new from Apple with AppleCare on Christmas eve. With tax, the total was ~$3,200. Recently while browsing online, I noticed this little white spot and assumed it was just something to do with the page. I went to Google, and the spot was still there. I brought up a white page and it is still there. I feel the screen is fine otherwise, so I don't want to take the gamble. I also don't want a flawed $3,000 computer though.The other, more minor problem is the bottom case creaks, a lot. Only problem is I am past my 14-day return window.

I've had it a little over a month, and it is still in flawless condition (minus that), so I am pretty sure nothing hit it to cause it.

Should I take my bets and go try to get an exchange, or just suck it up?

Thanks!

I also attached pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Shmanky macrumors regular

That white spot is sometimes called a mura. I had them on my first display. They started appearing months after I bought the unit. First one, then two. I got the display replaced and I regret that because the display with the muras had amazing colour and brightness and now I'm stuck with a puke-yellow tinted display. If the display is otherwise fine I recommend staying with the mura or you could get a display with bizarre colours or gradients or patches or image retention. The creaking case is very common. I actually think they all creak but to differing degrees. These machines are simply *&*(#&$# garbage so it's just a matter of which piece of junk you decide to stay with.

3. dalupus macrumors regular

wow you're scaring me. I was going to send mine back at some point due to image retention. Never considered I might get a worse display.

4. Shmanky macrumors regular

If the image retention doesn't bother you very much I recommend keeping it. If the image retention does bother you you might get a display that's yellow tinted like mine below left. Some people say they don't mind the yellowing so long as it's even. But yeah; you could get a worse display. Apple doesn't considering the yellowing a defect and won't replace it.

[​IMG]