Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Will the rmbp also be getting the minor spec numb like the MBA is rumored to get next week? If so when might it happen?

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Will the rmbp also be getting the minor spec numb like the MBA is rumored to get next week? If so when might it happen?

The first two updates to the retina line came right around 250 days (8 months) after the previous version was released. Right now it's been 185 days (6 months) since the Late 2013 models came out (per the "should you buy?" page here), so chances are we could see a spec bump announced at WWDC with release in early July. The Air has settled into a June/July release schedule over the last three years, so it makes sense to see an announcement of that soon.

psik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
The first two updates to the retina line came right around 250 days (8 months) after the previous version was released. Right now it's been 185 days (6 months) since the Late 2013 models came out (per the "should you buy?" page here), so chances are we could see a spec bump announced at WWDC with release in early July. The Air has settled into a June/July release schedule over the last three years, so it makes sense to see an announcement of that soon.

Thanks alot

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Well, I'm hoping for the same slight speed bump, and maybe a minor price reduction at or before WWDC. I don't think it's unreasonable given that the new processors are available.

I wouldn't expect any updates other than that, though.

The Mercurian

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2012
Well, I'm hoping for the same slight speed bump, and maybe a minor price reduction at or before WWDC. I don't think it's unreasonable given that the new processors are available.

I wouldn't expect any updates other than that, though.

Thats fine by me - just don't want to buy next week only to find it is €100 cheaper the week after!

iRacer

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
There has been a price drop in NZ of around NZ$200 for the 13" and NZ$300 for the 15" Retinas.

iRacer

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
I just said there was a price drop for the MBP that happened at the same time as the price drop and spec bump for the MBA.

No mention of a spec bump.

psik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Regardless let's hope the minor refresh does happen as soon as possible, hopefully by early July the latest

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.