rMBP Mountain Lion wallpaper resets every startup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kmai, Aug 27, 2012.

1. kmai, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012

kmai macrumors newbie

This is a relatively minor thing but it's been frustrating. I have a retina MBP running Mountain Lion and it won't keep any wallpaper I set. Every time the computer boots, it's been set back to the "default" wallpaper (the galaxy). When I go into System Prefs -> Desktop, it still shows as though it's set on the wallpaper I selected, but the actual wallpaper on the desktop is always the default galaxy. I reset it back to the one I want, and it's fine until the next time I shut down and reboot, then it's back to the galaxy, every time.

Anyone seen this before? If so, does anyone know a simple way to fix it? (Google is failing me.)

PS: I did go into the Desktop Pictures folder and I renamed "Galaxy.jpg" and then added a copy of the image I want and titled it "Galaxy.jpg" instead. This "worked", but it's not a genuine fix for the issue, so if anyone can shed any light on how to fix the actual problem, I'd be extremely appreciative!

2. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I was able to get around this problem by doing the following:

1. Select your wall paper from your choices in the Desktop folder.
    2. Then move your cursor down to solid colors and just click on it
    3. Close system preferences and restart.
    4. Problem solved?

3. juicywaterhouse macrumors member

iPad and a Mini huh? I have the same set up as you sans the mini ... I imagine it's hard dealing with that screen.

4. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Not all that bad at all really. I would really prefer a retina mini though.