rMBP now, or wait till next release?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phospholipid1, Mar 1, 2015.

1. phospholipid1 macrumors member

I've been having troubles with my previous MBP, and apple are replacing it with the rMBP with 500gb ssd, i5 2.8ghz, 16gb ram. I'm thinking whether or not I should sell this, and wait for the new ones to come out and perhaps grab one of those? I don't NEED the pro right rihgt, but it'd be very helpful. If the specs for the next one will be significantly better then I can wai.t

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

I doubt Apple release a new rMBP before june/july at WWDC. If I were you, i'd take the current rMBP and be very happy:)

3. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

I would be pretty happy with a free upgrade it's not often people get that, normally it's just a repair job.

4. phospholipid1 thread starter macrumors member

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy - It was a persistent problem which apple couldn't solve which got me the upgrade.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

We're all waiting for Broadwell to be release, and then apple can and will update their MBP line. Until that occurs we'll not see any updates imo

6. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

I didn't wait. I just got a new 15" rmbp.... I feel terrific! Waiting sucks.

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I would keep this one

To be honest the broadwell update for teh 13 inch is going to be very boring, a new slightky better processor...... Thats it...

Just keep and use the fantastic machine you have been given. Even if you decide to sell it to upgrade using it for a few months will make little difference to resale value from what I can seen on ebay...

8. vbedia macrumors regular

At this point in time I'd wait. We are just a few months away until Apple updates its rMBP.

9. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

How nice of them to replace it with a brand new rMBP. It should be a huge upgrade over your current MBP.

The update to Broadwell will bring some battery life improvements, Skylake will bring slightly better performance. Either way it won't be nearly as much of an upgrade as MBP to rMBP.

Chances are you'll be happy with the rMBP for some time to come and aren't going to need an upgrade.

10. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

If you don't need it, then hold off for the next update. Should be fairly significant. If you need a computer, get it. They're quite nice.