rMBP or iPad Retina: which has more problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nickk, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Nickk, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014

Nickk macrumors newbie

Hi, forum!
    I’ve been considering to buy a 13-inch rMBP. But I encountered so many issues concerning it that I’m cautious to buy it now. Yet, I have to buy something with a Retina screen right now cause my previous Mac won’t start.
    So, I’m considering an iPad Retina. In past, I heard iPads have defects. But now that I read on iPads in detail, the number of people grumbling about the iPad model in question is a bit frustrating.
    1) Am I right that the percentage of defective iPad Retina screens is higher than with rMBP 13? Cause some users are afraid it’s simply impossible to find an iPad Retina screen without defects.
    2) What about iPad Retina freezes? The number of the largest thread devoted to rMBP 13 freezes is about 200 pages.
    With the iPad, I agree to limit myself to use my devices for surfing, such as Google search (doubt, there's advanced for iOS), plus Google Documents editing, Skype, YouTube watching.

Nick

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you're wrong, there's no definitive study showing any issues with 13" rMBP. Both (13"/15") are great laptops, and either has any inherent problems.

I'm not familiar with that thread, so I can't answer, whether many of the posters are a dealing with hardware or software.