rmbp or wait for update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by halfmoonman, Sep 12, 2013.

  1. halfmoonman macrumors newbie

    Nov 14, 2012
    Ive a chance to buy a barely used 15" macbook retina for 1200 euro seems like a good deal or should i wait? its the 8gb 256ssd version.

    Its for running logic. Dont have a lot of cash floating about but dont wanna buy and later regret.
  2. dylin macrumors 6502a


    Jun 10, 2010
    Well you said you dont want to regret. So I suggest just waiting it out. Do you need the rMBP immediately?
  3. GSPice macrumors 68000


    Nov 24, 2008
  4. mylop macrumors newbie

    Sep 12, 2013
    Logic isn't compatible with retina.
  5. johnnylarue macrumors 6502a

    Aug 20, 2013
    Definitely wait.

    Seriously, the deal you're looking at will be commonplace in a few weeks time--and the prices will only get better.


    Huh? Logic looked great at 1920x1200 when I used it in the store for a half hour last week...
  6. Liquinn Suspended

    Apr 10, 2011
    The products always look nicer in the store. :p
  7. Kirihuna macrumors member

    Sep 1, 2013
    If you need now, buy now.

    If you don't you can wait. You'll get at least the same GPU performance as last year. Maybe better and cheaper SSDs, 802.11ac, and better battery.
  8. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

    Krazy Bill

    Dec 21, 2011
    Then I wouldn't buy anything.
  9. Spacial macrumors 6502

    Aug 29, 2013
    It depends on all the various ways you're going to use it. I'd give it lots of thought since you're going to be spending a large amount of money no matter what you choose. The only reason to wait is if you really need more battery life. Yet that will cost you much more in all likelihood.
  10. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

    Sep 16, 2012
    found a barely used 15" rMBP for 1200

    I bit, thats an amazing price IMO and I couldn't find one for less then 1500 so im excited especially at the 13" pricepoint

Share This Page