rMBP overclocking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InebriatedGnome, Oct 12, 2012.

1. InebriatedGnome macrumors newbie

Having taken a look at asdad123's post on overclocking the rMBP, I downloaded Inspector and tried my hand at OCing my own unit. However, I've run into an issue that I can't seem to work around: there's no P2 mode available when setting clock speeds in Inspector.

I've tried using -forcepstate for values of 0,1;0,2; and 0,5, but I can't force P2 mode, nor can I find it in the P-state drop-down menu. Without P2, I can't make use of the undervolting trick described here, and my GPU's running at a minimum of 1.037V when overclocked above 1035MHz. I'm worried that, without the thermal headroom afforded by P2's 0.95-volt limit, the lifespan of my laptop will be reduced due to high GPU temperatures.

If anyone's figured out a way to enable P2 mode in the rMBP, I'd appreciate some advice greatly. I'm running Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.6, with 306.23 drivers.

2. InebriatedGnome thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump--I could really do with some help here, as I can't find anyone with similar issues who's fixed the problem.

Going for P5 seems to yield a stable voltage of 1.012, and GPU temperature never exceeds 75, but I'd still like to reduce the voltage further.