RMBP overnight battery drain

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swamyg1, Sep 19, 2012.

1. swamyg1 macrumors regular

I've had my machine for a few months with no issues. The past few nights my rMBP has been completely dead after not being plugged in to power... It should just sleep but the battery totally drains instead... Even after a full charge.

Any ideas? Very frustrating to experience this.

2. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

Bring it in to the Apple store for a closer and more accurate look on this problem. Hope it gets solved

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:

4. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

Just curious, but did you enable power nap while unplugged and sleeping?

Either way, I agree. Take it to the :apple: store.

5. swamyg1 thread starter macrumors regular

Funny thing is I don't even see power nap anymore. I remember seeing it when I first setup my rMBP but now it's gone.

I'm definitely going to take it in... This is very annoying.

6. swamyg1 thread starter macrumors regular

Took my machine into the Genius Bar today, they couldn't even get it to power up properly… The guy had a hard time running but the diagnostic test for hardware... my machine completely froze up.

He suggested I call Apple and get a replacement. Do you think it's even worth the trouble to Do a clean install Mountain lion, or should I just get a replacement immediately?

7. swamyg1 thread starter macrumors regular

Just wanted to update you guys... After several calls with apple support I ended up doing a full cleanre install in recovery mode.

The machine is working much better than it ever was... Waking from sleep is instant and no battery problems for 2 days now! Hope it lasts.