rMBP owners: Quick parallels question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bleomycin, Jun 25, 2012.

1. bleomycin macrumors newbie

Has anyone been able to install or even get past grub on the installer for x64 Ubuntu 12.04 or mint 13 in parallels on their rMBP? If you own one could you please try? Mine kernel panics for both those installers right after selecting the install option on the initial boot from the iso. I submitted a detailed support ticket with debug logs to parallels almost a week ago and the response I got back was "Ubuntu 12.04 is beta support." So I'm stuck running in virtual box for now. Both those os's run fine on a 2011mbp and MBA under parallels. Thanks!

2. bleomycin thread starter macrumors newbie

bump, anyone? I know tons of people run parallels :(

3. Yuke macrumors member

Probably won't have a chance to play with linux VMs this weekend, but Ubuntu is at the top of my list.

Had to go through the bootcamp Win7 installation for work, so that's up and running. Somewhat annoying that Parallels doesn't display the VM on a retina canvas. Booted directly into Windows, the whole 2880x1800 display is supported, and it chooses 150% scaling (which looks fairly good). When booted into Parallels, it still uses 150% scaling, but the canvas is *also* scaled, so everything's huge ;P I hope they fix that with an update.