rMBP owners SDHC Bus Speed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daleski75, Jul 10, 2012.

1. daleski75 macrumors 68000

daleski75

Attached Files:

2. JrJ 15 macrumors member

The SD card reader on mine does not show up under any usb hub, I would assume that it is not usb.

Attached Files:

3. daleski75 thread starter macrumors 68000

daleski75

Cheers for that so it looks like the card reader is attached to the pci-e bus which means it supports much faster speeds than the 60mb/sec pre 2012 models are limited too.

4. luigi.lauro macrumors member

5. BigZ9 macrumors member

Apple switched from using USB to PCI-E for the SD card reader a while back, I don't know how far back, maybe a few revisions. All 2012 models should be on the PCI-E bus though :)

6. Ap0ks macrumors 6502

Kinda related to this topic, would anyone be able to recommend a decent microSDXC card? Looking for a 64GB+ to use in an SD adapter initially for storing the odd music/video file and documents.

7. luigi.lauro macrumors member

Best one on the market right now is the SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1.

It's also the only class 10 64gb microSDXC, as far as I know.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobil...r=8-5&keywords=sandisk+64+gb+micro+sdxc+ultra

Beware that SanDisk released a while ago a almost identical class 6 microSDXC, be sure to get the latest Class 10 UHS-1, which is way faster.

8. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Can the micro SD card be used on the rMBP without the SD adapter to avoid it protuding from the body? If so, can someone share a picture on how it would look?

Thanks,

9. ColdCase macrumors 68030

You need some kind of adapter. Minidrive is available on amazon. There are others. Do a search you will see discussions. 64GB in a minidrive sanded down here:

Attached Files: