rMBP palmrest edge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dusk007, Jun 23, 2012.

1. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

On many pictures it looks as if the edge is now smoothed and not as sharp as it used to be. Is that really the case?

I cannot find any very close high detail shots and nobody seems to mention that change. Maybe it just looks like it on because of lighting and blurry shots in the details but isn't actually.

Like a 0.3 mm diameter rounded edge would be enough probably to get rid of that annoying razor blade. Seems such an easy almost visually unnoticeable fix. I don't get it why there is this unergonomic edge on all the MBPs.

2. Calvinosaurus macrumors member

Calvinosaurus

I'm not sure if it's actually smoothed out compared to previous models, but I can say that after using my rMBP for a day, I noticed that it doesn't nearly feel as sharp to me as my '11 MBP. It might just be because the rMBP is overall thinner than previous models, or maybe it is smoothed, but either way I dig it ;)

3. marcosscriven macrumors regular

Compared to my 2010 MBP, it's definitely smoothed very slightly.

4. dusk007 thread starter macrumors 68040

dusk007

Can somebody shoot a close up and load it up?

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Maybe it's more smoothed, but feels the same to me as my 2011s.

6. dailybibliotaph macrumors member

Mine feels noticeably smoother than both my early 2011 13-inch MBP and 15-inch MBP. Not just when resting palm while typing but if you press on it with your thumb or run your finger along the edge all the way around the case it feels slightly tapered.