rMBP pixel stuck

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gigapocket1, Dec 29, 2012.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

Woke up this morning.

Opened up my rMBP.. First thing i noticed was that i had a stuck pixel... Havent been able to take my eyes off of it sense!

Was wondering.. How does apple fix these things?With the retina do they give you an entire new machine? or do they ship it off and replace the screen?? just wondering..

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't believe apple will consider the display with a single pixel stuck as defective, in fact no computer company consider this.

3. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

4. gigapocket1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i've had it since the week it came out.. Not saying defective.. Its just annoying.. Its all i see!

Plus, my battery life is horrible.. On the plane ride (to where i am now) i watched 1 full movie. Screen at half brightness and my computer was dead.

5. sounddesigner macrumors regular

They will just take off the top clam shell and replace it if u go to the apple store or a store authorized to fix them. Also if u dont want to waste go their and find out for some reason they wont replace I would just call the apple support thing

6. Dyno-Mike macrumors regular

Sounds like the exploding pixel issue that I had on mine. Out of the blue 2 white huge pixels appeared. Took it to the Apple store and it was them that told me about the exploding pixel issue on some of the retina laptops.

Im guessing you have the LG display as this seems to be the one that is prone to this defect after a period of use.

So dont panic, Apple seem to know about this problem and will replace your screen with a Samsung under warranty.

7. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Battery should be covered as well since it's still under its first year of use. (Beyond the first year, replacing the battery falls a lot closer to being at the discretion of the Apple "Genius" that assists you.)

Tell them about the battery too when you bring it in, and they will most likely fix both for you.