rMBP Poor graphics performance all of a sudden

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mickeynygaard, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mickeynygaard macrumors newbie

Hi!

Got my new rMBP a week or so after release and everything was just fine it seemed...I wanted to test the performance coming from a Macbook Air and went with Tomb Raider Underworld...Everything was running smoothly, even when selecting high resolutions.

I then installed Windows in order to play Ghost Recon Future Soldier...This was running pretty smoothly as well, no complaints.

Meanwhile i've had the issues described here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4062893?start=15&tstart=0 - Several times my rMBP has been running for maybe an hour or two before in my bag before the battery exhausted...

Last night when i went to play Ghost Recon it was running rather choppy and the fans never came on, i figured it was Windows (normally is) that was acting up but when i tried Tomb Raider in OSX this was now running choppy as well, fan's never came on either...I tried running the fans at max manually using a fan control program, this worked just fine....

I'm thinking something went really bad here...

OSX wise i tried both Lion and the GM of Mountain Lion..

Anyone out there with any ideas or similar experiences?

Regards, Mickey

2. Retina MacBook macrumors regular

The graphics card switched to Intel HD 4000 to save battery life. Charge it.

3. mickeynygaard thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thnx for your reply...I would think it was obvious, but i guess not, i have the power plugged in...

Windows i do not believe can use anything but the Nvidia graphics, but in OSX i have GFXCardStatus installed and set it to use the Nvidia one...