rMBP Problem, Help Please.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by John92, Jul 30, 2012.

1. John92 macrumors newbie

This seems to be happen and becoming a lot more noticeable. Images below to illustrate what i mean. Plus when i type sometimes text does not seem to appear. A massive lag/glitch. Text seems to disappear and than appear as i type... Using Mountain Lion on rMBP + Up to date.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I typed the text and it disappeared as you can a tiny mark in the bar.
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think and thanks.

Attached Files:

2. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

What GPU are you using? I've seen lots of tears in others RMBP. Although this looks more like a bug or a glitch coming from the CPU.

3. dndandrea, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012

dndandrea macrumors 6502

Bump. I've been having this problem so frequently lately its terrible. I'm wondering if there has been a fix for this yet. If not will Apple accept returns on product with this type of defect? I'd like my $2000+ back honestly. This happens all the time everyday it's ridiculous.

It's not like "oh you can ignore it every once in a while, don't worry about it." , it happens constantly.

It's even worse when i'm writing long papers and trying to backspace but i do not know what i'm deleting or what i'm writing. The typing has SO much lag. And half the time it disappears on me.

edit: also waking up from sleep mode seems like it takes forever.

4. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Take it in to apple and have them fix it. If your within 14 days of purchase you can return it, if not, no.

5. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

6. dndandrea macrumors 6502

Well obviously a lot of people are experiencing this and since Apple cannot figure out if its a software or hardware update how are they going to repair it? Knowing that the cannot repair it, how do I explain it's a defect in the product if we cannot figure out exactly what's going on? Several updates have not been able to fix this yet.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since everyone is not experiencing it, its unlikely to be a software issue. Since we all run the same version of OSX (for the most part) and many use the same browser. I'm not experiencing this problem at all.

The advice of bringing it to apple and demonstrating the problem is good.

8. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Actually, it's a known issue with Sarafi. It has some issue with rendering content sometimes and persisting random artifacts ( similar problems were noticed with Skype for a while... now they seemingly fixed that ).

I wouldn't say "it's normal", but so far, I don't know about the existence of a solution ( except for maybe using a different browser as others have suggested ).

9. harry454 macrumors 6502

I have same issue on my 2010 MBP. Its common issue known as tearing, only fix atm is going to settings power saver and setting sleep display to never. As well as only selecting Nvidia as dedicated graphics. It occurs when display sleeps and switches graphics card.

Google if need be. Then activate a hot corner to manually sleep display or enter screen saver!

10. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

This happens every know and then on my rMBP as well. Not consistent enough to blame the hardware.

11. dndandrea macrumors 6502

It's pretty sad that we pay $2200+ and still have to make workarounds for glitches like these.

12. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

This happens only in the mail app on my early 2011.

13. harry454 macrumors 6502

Yeah I know what you mean. Its been happening a lot lately to me since upgrading to Mountain Lion. Even to the point causing my MBP to turn fans on cause its gets hot. Apple is swapping it or for a new one now though since they tried replacing the logic board to fix it.

14. AirThis macrumors 6502a

Safari bug?!? How do you reproduce it?

15. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

You should ask someone from Apple QA / Testing department... :rolleyes:

16. AirThis macrumors 6502a

Useless answer. :rolleyes:

17. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Well, the uselessness started with your question...
    Nonetheless, you're welcome. :rolleyes:

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I pay more for built-in navigation for my car and I have glitches like this too. ;)