RMBP problems with Netflix

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Free Ale, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Free Ale macrumors member

Free Ale

Hey guys! I just got Netflix for my RMBP and every time I try and watch a movie it will not load and have a black screen! I have tried reinstalling silverlight and the same problem continues.

What else should I do?

2. SuperMini macrumors member

I have had the same and similar problems with netflix. I solve the problem every time by resetting safari then reinstalling silverlight, the mac version is crap shame their isn't an alternative.

3. Free Ale thread starter macrumors member

Free Ale

Resetting Safari?

4. SuperMini macrumors member

At the top, Safari > Reset Safari and I usually leave the bottom 4 boxes unticked. Also make sure silverlight is defo gone, I remove the plugin by searching silverlight in spotlight it should be called silverlight.plugin with a little brink next to it.

5. mjn298 macrumors regular

I was never able to get netflix and safari to work well together, it works fine in other browsers, though.

6. georgia-svt macrumors newbie

Click on the Silverlight word in the center of the screen then it'll start loading. I use Firefox works great.
    jeff

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You've clearly never used the PS3 or iPhone alternative...they're much, much worse.

8. samh macrumors 6502

I have always had more success in Firefox than in Safari when it comes to Netflix. It's about the only thing that works better for me there.