rMBP Question

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
29
0
I am going to buy the 13 Retina MacBook Pro. I am not making any adjustments or add ones to the computer. Is it worth waiting until the tenth to see if there are any updates?

Thanks!
 

Nov 28, 2010
22,684
27
located
Yes, it may be worth it, due to better promised battery life and a better integrated graphics processor (IGP) and probably more standard storage.
 
Last edited:

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
29
0
Thanks! I was unsure if it was worth it since I was just going to get the basic rMBP.
 

abc123

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2004
457
0
If you need it to do something before the 10th, buy now if not, wait. Alternatively look at the refurb options on the online store, they were just dropped in price so are a great option if you are looking for value and don't need the absolute latest.
 

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
1,987
0
You won't get one on the 10th, it will be a wait. I got my wife a base 13" retina refurb. Man it is good. I have had a base 2013 15" retina for a few months and for basic use i can't tell the difference.
If anything the 13" seems a bit quicker. Its more portable. My 15" replaced a 27" imac though.

If you need it now get a refurb. Very impressed.
 

maflynn

Moderator
Staff member
May 3, 2009
65,005
30,945
Boston
I am going to buy the 13 Retina MacBook Pro. I am not making any adjustments or add ones to the computer. Is it worth waiting until the tenth to see if there are any updates?

Thanks!
At this point it makes sense to wait until the keynote, just to be sure you make an informed decision.
 

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
29
0
I appreciate all of the suggestions. It is a tough choice. My fiance spilt water on my computer in January. It only works when it is plugged into the wall. It is about five years old now anyways and I am ready for a change.

If I do wait, could I still purchase the model that I could but today if I am not enamored with the updates?
 

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
5,159
920
I should wait, only if get me a 9h battery usage and just for that and i wait, and in advance a better integrated graphics. So for the same money..is no brainer
 

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
5,159
920
And lets not forget that the new lineup upgrade it will be almost sure that will never get any hotter like old models. I think there were rumours that the maxout temp will be 87C
 

ksowder

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
23
4
At this point it may make sense to wait, however, you will have to wait a few weeks for the computer to actually ship. If battery life is what you are after, the current notebooks currently get excellent battery life. I cannot speak for the 13 inch, but my 15'' rMBP gets about 7-8 hours of life under lite/normal usage with the screen at about 1/2 brightness. I bought mine brand new, but the referbs are always a great deal. We currently have a 17 inch 2010 model that was a referb and have had 0 issues with it. You get the same great 1 year warranty that covers just about everything too.

If you need it, buy it now, any upgrades are not likely to be significant enough for the average consumer to notice a difference.
 

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
1,223
3
I buying full retail: YES, wait.

If you get a good deal on refurbished or similar (40-50% off retail): BUY :eek:

Just my 2 cents:)
 

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
1,706
391
Miami, FL
I just got rMBP 13" 128gb flash with 8gb of ram at BB on sale for $1470 with 18 months of no interest; should I have waited? Or is this a good enough deal to take?
 

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
1,949
2
I just got rMBP 13" 128gb flash with 8gb of ram at BB on sale for $1470 with 18 months of no interest; should I have waited? Or is this a good enough deal to take?
Given that that is only $30 off retail, you definitely should have waited.
 

MarkScarn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2013
29
0
Thanks for all of the input. I plan on waiting until next Monday. If they are not ready on the day of the announcement, what are the typical wait times?