rMBP Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tavicu, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Tavicu macrumors regular

Tavicu

Hey,

This is my first post here :)

I read here that the refresh will be in october but nobody seems to know when.

I will have to make a trip in US and i want to purchase the new rMBP since is about 1000$ less than in my country but i don't know when to buy my ticket!

Do you know if it will be at the end of the month, or when? And based on the past releases, as soon they release the new version we will be able to order them? and how much time it will take to deliver it?

Also i read that it's much better to buy AppleCare too! I found on B&H website the lower appcare (244$)! Did B&H had problems before or it's ok? Their price is much lower than Apple.

Thanks

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

No one knows. Anyone who tells you different is guessing. Don't make travel plans based on anything anyone posts here. Wait until Apple announces them.

3. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

If you have to come to the US in October and have the ability to change your plans within the month based on when the new rMBP's are available then make sure you can come as late in the month as possible because no one knows for sure when the update will occur.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

5. lagisibuk macrumors 6502

Agree with above one,
    please wait until apple release launching date.

6. Tavicu thread starter macrumors regular

Tavicu

Hei,

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe we will be lucky and see the new version in september!

7. Jaybot macrumors newbie

...and who knows when they'll actually be in stock.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Unless you are flying out on someone else's money, airlines these days charge an arm and a leg and more to change international flights. That would eat into a significant chunk of the savings you are expecting. I would recommend you to make travel plans after an announcement, or sometime closer to Christmas to be somewhat sure of availability.

9. Sammorama macrumors newbie

'Smuggling' electronics is pretty straightforward!