rMBP RAM can be upgraded

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iNorway, Jul 7, 2012.

1. iNorway macrumors newbie

I went to Apple reseller and asked if I order 16GB RAM rMBP, how long it would take it. He replied that only 10 min, I can buy many rMBP as I want. From what he said, I assumed that Apple released all rMBP with 16GB but controlled with BIOS or some compressed software.

Any thought about this?

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

Yes this can be done on the BIOS using compressed software by sending bad packets over the TCP IP interface. Any interference on the second node gateway will cause the rMBP to be upgraded to 16gb of RAM but of course this never happens without Apple's authorisation, due to the primary node override on the 3rd IP gateway. You can try DOSing the BIOS with live packets to dislodge the compressed data, but you need too know what you're doing.

This kind of business decision is what is killing Apple and why Google is becoming the No. 1 laptop manufacturer in the world.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

There's nothing as dangerous, misleading & frustrating as some reseller, sales person, or individual that believes they're an expert, yet in reality are just making up an erroneous story.

Whomever this person is, they could not be more wrong. Even worse is how they pose as knowledgeable & mislead so many people that rely on them to help with buying decisions.

The fact is, MBPr models are not upgradeable by anyone.

You must choose the configuration you want when placing your order. Once the computer is built it remains in that configuration permanently.