rMBP refund?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by i.amBill, Oct 16, 2012.

1. i.amBill macrumors newbie

I have had my rMBP for close to 10 weeks now so I am obviously outside the 14 day return policy, however my rMBP has severe ghosting and I will be going to a GB as soon as possible (I have exams coming up and all my notes are on my rMBP so I will have to wait until my exams are over) to see if they replace the screen, which I'm sure they will, but is it possible to ask for a complete refund? Spending close to $3000 on a laptop with a defect in the screen has left a bad taste.. I am thinking of switching to a 13" MBA.
    So is it possible that GB would give a complete refund?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No refund, for such an older machine. They'll replace it since its defective but you'll not get your money back.

3. procrastinasn macrumors regular

Why won't this be fixed under warranty?
    I doubt they'll let you return after 2.5 months.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

5. leman macrumors 604

You are very unlikely to get a refund (I mean, you have been using the machine for over two months!) but you can try. What is GB btw., a reseller?

P.S. When I decided to return my rMBP (for independent reasons) I was almost out of the return window and abroad on a conference (so I couldn't make the return in time). I wrote Apple a mail about it and they extended my return window by a month without additional questions. Best service I have ever experienced, honestly!

6. boto macrumors 6502

boto

Only repair. I was in your situation before and couldn't go without a computer, though fortunately my brother leant me one. The Genius folks will not issue a refund unless you have had 2-3 repairs on the same part, which I did when I requested for a 3rd repair.

7. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Genius bar, I guess

8. iVoid macrumors 65816

If they can't repair it they may refund your money, but they probably won't refund it otherwise.

9. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Lol some people...You use a machine for over 2 months and expect your FULL $3k back. Not even a partial one but a full one. :confused:

While you're at it, go buy a car for $30,000 then return it in a year for your full $30k back too.