Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpitUK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
East Yorkshire, UK
Hi Guys, picked up my 2nd hand rMBP today. I formatted the disk and went to reinstall ML with my Apple ID except I only purchased Lion in the past. I have got round it by using my daughters Apple ID and it is downloading now. How can I swap to my Apple ID when its installed? I have no access to the MAC app store as she is away for a week.

Can I login as my Apple ID purchase mountain lion and do a reinstall again? I want to purchase it and have it in my name.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I think this is possible, when you get logged in fire up MAS and put in your details rather than your daughters, then buy ML and reinstall again. I think that will work.

SpitUK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
East Yorkshire, UK
Thanks, I installed ML with my daughters ID. I then went through the setup process by entering my Apple Id and everything has been setup! I have installed my programs and done all the software updates and everything seems OK. It even let me register the hardware with my ID.

What can go wrong in the future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.