rMBP replacement for IR well after 14 days

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by the-doctor, Oct 8, 2012.

1. the-doctor macrumors newbie

Title basically says it all, I bought the rMBP the day it launched and checked for image burn it and as far as I could tell it was A OK. A few days ago I started noticing burn in from chrome on the default lion background. On top of this I also found a dead pixel that I hadn't noticed before while doing some checking on the image burn in. I made an appointment with the Apple store this Weds. What are the chances of getting a replacement? Is there anything specific I should tell them?
    Thanks,

2. the-doctor thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Just an update, I brought the computer into the Apple store today and had a nice talk with the Genius and their going to replace the screen for free. So hopefully that will get done early next week (he had to order the part), and I can play the screen lotto again. I'm hoping Apple realizes the issue and will send over a Samsung display (one can dream can't he). I will let you know next week.

3. AzN1337c0d3r macrumors 6502

Supposedly all replacement parts and new rMBP are getting replaced with Samsung screens.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Of course they replaced the screen for free, as it's under warranty. They may be replacing the screen, but it's looked at as "repairing the notebook."

Hope you get a proper display this time.

5. SchuettS macrumors 6502

Good luck! I have an lg screen and it's good to know they are replacing screens after 14 days. I haven't had an issue yet but I guess you never know...

To the person above me. They have denied some people replacements for IR problems

6. the-doctor thread starter macrumors newbie

I hope that information is correct! Though the IR problem was not the real issue for me, it was that darn stuck pixel I noticed while trying to understand the problem. Though it would be nice not to have to worry about the new display developing any issue like the old one did.

7. Mac-Tech macrumors regular

Mac-Tech

I hope they get this sorted out by December of this year...I really hope they decide on the better panel...it can be Samsung or LG...since both of them have issues now...