rMBP Replacement Order

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by webdevfreak, Jul 19, 2012.

1. webdevfreak macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2012
    Can someone tell me how long it took for their replacement for their rMBP to ship. Thanks!
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Did you already order a replacement? If so, what does it say?
  3. MacReloaded macrumors 6502

Oct 31, 2007
    Replacement ordered on the 8th set to arrive in 3-4 weeks. Bumped up on the 9th to 5-7 business days. Shipped on the 12th.
  4. hiohokaybye macrumors regular

Sep 17, 2007
    I'm not sure how you asked for your replacement. But I called Applecare, talked to a senior advisor, and he let me hold on to this rmbp until the new one arrives. And the order just got created yesterday (I called on Monday) and I called they say it'll be shipped out on the 27th. The ship time is another 5-7 days so I guess I won't be here till early August :/ but at least I get to keep this one in the meantime
  5. mattonthemoon macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    My replacement was scheduled 3-4 weeks but turned out to be 14 days exactly.
  6. webdevfreak thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2012

Thanks everyone.

I called AppleCare yesterday at 1PM and by 5PM I had my UPS return slip, dropped the laptop at 6PM and it reached Apples Center in Toronto this morning at 9:00AM. This triggered my order (I got an email but not it's not under my apple account yet) with 2-3 weeks and Aug. 13 to Aug 16 shipped.

I was asking because the Apple rep told me I could be bumped up. But I am going away in August so I was kinda hoping for a quick turnaround to have at least a week to try the laptop before I left since they are pretty strict about the 14 days return.

I'll wait but it looks like I will have to cancel the order because I don't want 3 UPS notices at my door while i'm gone and then it would just go back anyways.

Oh well. I'll see what happens but i don't think I will get it on time.