Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
Hi,

the replacement for my rMBP which had a whitespot, is on it's way. How do I return the the rMBP? Should I delete everything or just leave it? How can I delete everything properly?

Thanks

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Hi,

the replacement for my rMBP which had a whitespot, is on it's way. How do I return the the rMBP? Should I delete everything or just leave it? How can I delete everything properly?

Thanks

Hold command+r on boot to boot into the recovery partition and then use disk utility to wipe the drive clean and reinstall lion. It's a longer process, but ensures that none of your personal files are left behind

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
UK
Hold command+r on boot to boot into the recovery partition and then use disk utility to wipe the drive clean and reinstall lion. It's a longer process, but ensures that none of your personal files are left behind

That's what I did! Except I didn't reinstall Lion as my internet died, so I just put it back in the box with no OS.

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
That's what I did! Except I didn't reinstall Lion as my internet died, so I just put it back in the box with no OS.

Yeah, that also works. They will eventually wipe the drive and reinstall lion themselves, so no need to do so.

Side Note: why didn't you for the 16 GB ram?? You went for the upgraded processor and larger SSD.

Taylor-C

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
UK
Yeah, that also works. They will eventually wipe the drive and reinstall lion themselves, so no need to do so.

Side Note: why didn't you for the 16 GB ram?? You went for the upgraded processor and larger SSD.

I didn't upgrade the CPU... Just the storage. I don't really need the upgraded RAM... I was fine with 2GB and 4GB, so 8GB will be more than enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.