rMBP replacement?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Newfiejudd, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Newfiejudd macrumors regular

How did you all manage to get Apple to replace your rMBP's.

Apple won't replace my unit, the only option is to drive 1:45 mins to a certified repair shop and have them repair it. (All at my cost by the way)

Not sure how I feel about this, especially after buying a $3k laptop. I have owned several Apple products from laptops, desktop to phones, and this is the first time I'm actually let down by Apple.

I have IR that is getting worse and worse each day, even web browsing now leaves me with a gift of double vision. A gpu that will not run at full rated speeds continually having to reset my SMC, and I feel like they DON'T believe a word I am saying to them. I understand the formalities, but I still feel completely let down.

If anyone out there has a solution to get some help on this please let me know. This is my primary business system, and I have a very important trip coming up in the next few weeks.

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

First, call Applecare and speak with a supervisor. Explain what has happened and request a replacement. If that doesn't work, ask for THEIR supervisor and repeat.

If that doesn't work:

Contact Apple's Executive Resolution Group - whatever it's called. You can use "tcook@apple.com" to contact them.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Sounds like you are in every right to return it.

How have you been contacting them? phone?

Try email.

If it's less than a year old (which it is) and playing up you should DEMAND a return/repair.

Just don't give up and you'll get what you want + deserve.

You might need to pay shipping, however if you really pester them they should pay them too.

You have to be a real pain to them sometimes.

4. Newfiejudd, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012

Newfiejudd thread starter macrumors regular

Still no dice.

So I called the Apple certified repair Depot, and they carry no replacement parts for rMBP's.
    So I called apple back, they still won't send me a replacement. Apple's only response is to either have the system repaired at the service Depot and wait while they have to order parts(Eastern Canada good luck on that one). Or while on an upcoming business trip I can have them repair it in Norway. WTF, I need my laptop while in Norway not sitting in a shop for repairs.

Calling back again. I hope I get a different supervisor.

So far apple are telling my I am SOL. Applecare Supervisors are telling me: Either I drive 145 km each way to drop it off at the depot (and wait for it to be repaired). They told me since I have purchased the system at an Apple Store, It needs to go back to that store in order to replace it, they will not send me out a replacement. Well that Store is Memorial City Mall in Houston. I won't be back in Houston for quite some time.

As anyone had luck with the Email mentioned above?